- Industrialstrength, filament-reinforced tape resists nicks, abrasion and moisture
- Modified synthetic rubber adhesive provides better adhesion than natural rubber adhesives and bonds well to metals and oily surfaces
- Glass yarn filaments add strength for pipe wrapping applications
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
For applications requiring adhesion to oily surfaces, use our Scotch® Filament Tape 898MSR. This filament-reinforced tape is ideal for bundling and wrapping applications on heavy gauge metals. It offers long-term holding power, very-high tensile strength, and excellent abrasion, moisture and scuff resistance.
Bonds well to Oily Surfaces
Designed to perform when exposed to oily surfaces, Scotch® Filament Tape 898MSR (PDF, 25 Kb) is an industrial-strength tape used in a variety of metalworking applications. Constructed with a clear, filament-reinforced, polypropylene backing that provides exceptional tensile strength, this tape is abrasion, moisture, scuff and break resistant, even if nicked or punctured. This sturdy tape dispenses easily without curling for easy application. Its pressure sensitive, modified synthetic rubber adhesive is specifically formulated to provide good adhesion and long-term holding power on metal surfaces. It is customizable and can be printed on with a print seal process to provide advertising and warning capabilities.
- Metal coil closure
- Metal panel splicing
- Bundling, reinforcing and strapping applications
- Bundling rebar and metal conduit.