- Designed for attaching interior/exterior parts to TPO, PP and traditional paint systems
- Dark gray, closed cell .76 mm acrylic foam core delivers stress relaxation under load
- Viscoelastic properties allow shrinkage and elongation for adhesion in temperature changes
- Adhesive demonstrates very good final adhesion and peel strength
- Performs well in a wide range of weather, solvent and temperature conditions
3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape GT7108 is a 0.8 mm acrylic foam tape for attaching interior and exterior parts to unpainted TPO and PP surfaces as well as traditional automotive paints. A viscoelastic foam core allows for shrinkage and elongation to maintain adhesion during temperature changes. The adhesive applied to both sides performs under high and low temperatures and resists weather and solvents.
Developed for attaching a range of automotive trim and other interior and exterior components.
Demonstrates excellent conformability and wet out on a range of automotive applications.
For Bonding to Unpainted TPO, Polypropylene and Traditional Automotive Paint.
Developed for attaching a range of automotive trim and other interior and exterior components, 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape GT7108 features dark gray, 0.8 mm acrylic foam core with adhesive applied to both sides. The adhesive delivers excellent adhesion to unpainted thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) and polypropylene (PP) surfaces as well as traditional automotive paint. It has been tested for high final adhesion, peel and shear strength, and resists temperature extremes, humidity, weather and solvents. The foam core delivers excellent wet-out, and features viscoelastic properties that allow the tape to shrink and elongate with automotive parts during temperature changes for a consistent, reliable bond. The conformable core also delivers stress relaxation when exposed to high loads, and maintains tight bond-line aesthetics under normal conditions. The inconspicuous gray color of 3M™ Acrylic Foam Tape GT7108 helps ensure high high satisfaction among consumers. The orange liner provides easy one-piece release and efficient tape application.
- Thin and flexible emblems and nameplates
- Trim moldings
- Rocker panel moldings and cladding
- Ground effects
- Deck lid appliques